PAHS = Parents at Holt School
What is our purpose?
- To foster the involvement of parents in their children’s school experience.
- To provide resources and volunteer support for both social and educational opportunities that will enrich the experience of all students and their families.
- To facilitate communication so parents can be informed, find answers to questions, and offer input.
- Enhance and preserve the school’s image in the community and the neighborhood.
What do we do?
- Sponsor of school-wide events
- Recruit Volunteers
- Arrange and attend fundraisers.
PAHS Communication Methods
Our main communication vehicle will be our Holt Quick News sent out weekly via email. Please let us know how we are doing at meeting your needs.
Weekly email of Quick News
- Very short messages on a predictable weekly schedule
- Quick update of school events, volunteer needs, and reminders
Master Calendar and Website
- All PAHS events on the school’s master calendar
- Detailed PAHS information available at Parent & Volunteer Pages
Holt Orientation & PAHS Kick Off Meetings
- PAHS Board available at orientation for Q & A
- PAHS Board hosts a September Kick Off to channel parent involvement
- Proposed budgets will be approved at PAHS meetings
We focus our efforts on 1 event instead of many small events to avoid fundraiser fatigue. Our main fundraiser is the Jog-A-Thon. We have raised around $25,000 each year which is the bulk of our $35,000-$45,000 annual budget.
We also continue to collect BoxTops and have several Holt Nights Out at local restaurants. All these things help to raise money for our school!
- September 2022 Minutes
- October 2022 Minutes