PAHS = Parents at Holt School
(Descriptions of positions are below)
Book Nook: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C094CABA622A4FDC34-book
Spring Carnival: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c094caba622a4fdc34-holt1#
Book Nook: Book Nook is a small, mobile, used book “store” that PAHS hosts for Holt. It is set up once a week on Wednesday in the cafeteria. Set up at 8 am involves pushing book carts from the Title area near the book vending machine to the cafeteria and setting out books for easy viewing. Once kids show up starting at 8:45, help them find/choose a book, take their quarter/5 zaps/book to trade, and deliver books to classrooms. Kids show up kind of sporadically, and there is some downtime between grades. Clean up at 10:45 is putting books back on the carts, cleaning the tables, and pushing the carts back to the Title area. One person can mostly do this, but it is a lot easier with two or more.
The link below includes all Wednesdays through the end of May. Please sign up if you are able to help. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Spring Carnival: May 19, 6 pm Holt Cafeteria – Spring Carnival is a chance for Holt families to get together and have fun. Games, treats, friends… what could be better!? Help with games, pass out popcorn, admission, sell treats… Help with set up, help with clean up, keep an eye on the chaos… This event has it all!
PAHS (Parent at Holt School) Facebook Page
What is our purpose?
- To foster the involvement of parents in their children’s school experience.
- To provide resources and volunteer support for both social and educational opportunities that will enrich the experience of all students and their families.
- To facilitate communication so parents can be informed, find answers to questions, and offer input.
- Enhance and preserve the school’s image in the community and the neighborhood.
What do we do?
- Sponsor of school-wide events
- Recruit Volunteers
- Arrange and attend fundraisers.
PAHS Communication Methods
Our main communication vehicle will be our Holt Quick News sent out weekly via email. Please let us know how we are doing at meeting your needs.
Weekly email of Quick News
- Very short messages on a predictable weekly schedule
- Quick update of school events, volunteer needs, and reminders
Master Calendar and Website
- All PAHS events on the school’s master calendar
- Detailed PAHS information available at Parent & Volunteer Pages
Holt Orientation & PAHS Kick Off Meetings
- PAHS Board available at orientation for Q & A
- PAHS Board hosts a September Kick Off to channel parent involvement
- Proposed budgets will be approved at PAHS meetings
We focus our efforts on 1 event instead of many small events to avoid fundraiser fatigue. Our main fundraiser is the Jog-A-Thon. We have raised around $25,000 each year which is the bulk of our $35,000-$45,000 annual budget.
We also continue to collect BoxTops and have several Holt Nights Out at local restaurants. All these things help to raise money for our school!
- September 2022 Minutes
- October 2022 Minutes
- November 2022 Agenda
- January 2023 Minutes
- February 2023 Minutes
- March 2023 Minutes