Holt OBOB Webpage!
Holt Students! Are you stuck on what to read next? Do you just need to hang out with your peers and talk? A book club is the place for you! Though the Oregon Battle of the Book (OBOB) is not hosting state and regional competitions this year, our district can have its own competition. You don’t have to have a team to join the 4J Librarian, Amy Page, or even participate in OBOB to take part.
For information on how the OBOB competitions work, see the video below from Holt’s own Ms. Theresa or visit the Holt OBOB Webpage.
And kinder through second graders who love story-time can join Ms. Page for weekly story-time. Click the Eugene 4J Virtual Book Clubs flyer for more information on the 3-5 Book Clubs and the K-2 Storytime.
3rd to 5th Grade Division 2021 OBOB Titles
1. Before They Were Authors by Elizabeth Haidle
2. Bob by Wendy Mass & Rebecca Stead
3. A Boy Called Bat by Elana K. Arnold
4. Changeling by William Ritter
5. El Deafo by Cece Bell
6. Fatty Legs by Christy Jordan-Fenton & Margaret Pokiak-Fenton
7. Front Desk by Kelly Yang
8. The Night Fairy by Laura Amy Schlitz
9. Space Case by Stuart Gibbs
10. Unusual Chickens for the Exceptional Poultry Farmer by Kelly Jones
11. The Vanderbeekers of 141st Street by Karina Yan Glaser
12. Small Spaces by Katherine Arden
13. Power Forward by Hena Khan
14. Nine, Ten: A September 11 Story by Nora Raleigh Baskin
15. A Wolf Called Wander by Roseanne Parry
16. The Dragonet Prophecy by Tui T. Sutherland
This is the 16 book titles for OBOB this year. If your student is interested in checking out an OBOB book, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will have it ready for your student on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month when we hand out supplies.
I highly recommend tuning into Amy Page’s (the 4j district librarian) OBOB book study group on Wednesdays at 3pm. This will help to understand what the book is about. Also if your student is interested in being on a Holt OBOB team and battling other kids from Holt in 2021, to determine the team that will represent Holt against other schools virtually in the spring, let me know and I can put them together with 3 more teammates. Then together they can come up with a name for their team.